CALL US NOW 020 7939 0780



While we are not able to provide welfare rights advice or personal medical reports, we do have some resources that will help with your application and can signpost you to further sources of support.


If your child has just been diagnosed with a bleeding disorder, here’s our summary of the financial help to which you may be entitled:

Disabled parking

If your child is under three years old, you may qualify for a Blue Badge regardless of whether you claim other benefits.

Disability Living Allowance (DLA)

We recommend that parents of young children under 12 who have severe or moderate haemophilia A or B, or von Willebrand disease type 3, consider making a claim for Disability Living Allowance (DLA). If your child has mild haemophilia, or one of the rarer bleeding disorders, it may be more difficult to show that they meet the conditions for receiving DLA.

For more information on applying for DLA we have a factsheet available here.

Carer’s Allowance

If your child receives either the middle or higher rate of care component of DLA, you may also be able to claim Carer’s Allowance.


Disability Living Allowance is being phased out for adults, and a new benefit, the Personal Independence Payment (PIP) introduced in its place.

If you are making a new application to receive benefit, or if you receive DLA and your circumstances change, you will need to apply for PIP, not DLA.

Personal Independence Payment (PIP)

We have two factsheets available for people applying or being reassessed for PIP. If after reading the factsheets, you have any more questions about applying or the appeal process please contact us on 0207 939 0780 or email

Factsheet 1 – Making a claim 
Factsheet 2 – Assessment process

We also have produced guidance for Health Care Professionals to help them produce a supporting letter.

If, after applying for state help, you/your family are still struggling to make ends meet, there are various organisations and charities who may be able to help through a grant.

More information can be found here:

PIP Assessment 1
PIP Assessment 2
PIP Assessment 3
Personal Independence Payment Assessments
PIP Diary Record

Personal Independence Payment (PIP) in Northern Ireland

Personal Independence Payment  
PIP Assessment Process

Benefits and financial help

Tell Us Once (a service that lets you report a death to most government organisations in one go)

Universal Credit

Other options

If your claims are unsuccessful and you are struggling to make ends meet, all is not lost: there may be other ways to get financial help.

Roald Dahl’s Marvellous Children’s Charity make grants for children with a long-term medical condition. You will need the help of a social worker, nurse or other healthcare professional to apply.

To search a database of all other possible sources or help that you may be eligible for, use the Turn2us online grant search.